Sunday, December 8, 2013

Introduction: Welcome to My Blog!



Hello everyone. My name is Jenny Lo. For my blog, I researched about lack of quality healthcare access for minorities. My critical thinking question is: Why are minorities experiencing health disparities in healthcare? Many immigrants and low-income families lack access to basic healthcare plans due to financial burden and lack of resources. I believe that having quality healthcare for all people is essential to lowering illness and injury rates.

Without sufficient funds from the government to support minority groups, it's a struggle to obtain quality health care. All people should be able to access at least a basic health care plan. As an inspiring nurse, I want to be apart of this journey to help patients access quality healthcare, regardless of class and income. This is an ongoing problem that requires immediate attention to improve better healthcare access for everyone.

Growing up from a low-income and immigrant family, I witnessed my own family struggle to seek medical care. Understanding these struggles inspired me to obtain the necessary skills to ensure that minorities are receiving the healthcare they need.

When reading about my blog, you'll encounter various discussions of my research on minority healthcare. My blog will show research from various articles, a video that documents this issue, a book review on minority healthcare, an interview from an experienced expert with minority patient care and my observation at a clinic dealing with minority healthcare. I'll provide a personal statement reflecting my goals and ambitions regarding this issue. I'll also reflect on how my critical thinking question evolved as well as my thinking process and what I've learned about this issue after conducting my research. My hopes for this blog is to bring forth the problem of lack of healthcare access for minorities and improve the healthcare system by ensuring everyone, especially minorities, are able to access the healthcare they need for their survival.

Please watch this video for a guided tour of my blog. Enjoy!

No comments: